We took a day trip to Oxford last week. It was an easy train ride, which Wiley loves. I don't know if I got a really good feel for the flow of the town, but we will definitely be back when it warms up to spend another day there, and maybe have a picnic where we can get a really good view of all the "dreaming spires." Even in the cold weather, the town is beautiful and is home to so much history from writers like C.S. Lewis and Tolkein to the burnings of Thomas Cranmer and others who opposed Queen Mary. Oh, did I mention they filmed a few Harry Potter scenes there?

The original Blackwell's Bookstore. 3 miles of books are in this room, and it is only part of the bookstore. I would love to get lost in here for an afternoon!
And for Cole, Tolkein's last home.
1 comment:
Aw! Love the pictures... especially of the bookstore. So jealous. I'll come to visit and we can get lost together. How does that sound?
Post a Comment