Try: Slowly, Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth by Eric Carle.

I kid you not. This book will totally relax you during story time right before bed. Maybe that is always relaxing for you, but sometimes for us, we rush through it. I know, I know. We shouldn't. It is precious time. But truth be told, it can get rushed.
However, every. single. time. I read this book to Wiley, I slow down my pace of life and mind to about 0.5 mph. Maybe even 0 mph. Or is it km/h over here?
I think it is because you have to get in a sloth-type of mind. (Although the sloth will point out that he is in fact not lazy.) You know, channel your inner sloth.
And repeat "slowly, slowly, slowly" quite a few times.
(Oh, and it is Eric Carle, and who doesn't love his books?)
No comments:
Post a Comment