
Anyway, aside from the fact that these containers are free, the way the color popped against them in the magazine spread (they had bright pinks, reds, etc) was really amazing. So simple but really striking to me. And for an everyday fix that is also green (reuse, reduce, recycle), the tin can container was perfect.
After cleaning out the cans (thank you Gena!), I put daisies and gerber daisies that I bought at the Publix in the containers. The only thing about the cans is that I think it works better as a lower arrangement. The flowers did not exactly want to stand up if I cut them too tall. However, when I added a lot of the plain daisies, they could go taller. When I cut the lemon thyme thinking I needed it for my recipe, I realized that it might add a whimsical touch to the arrangements. It was such a pretty herb with a really wonderful smell.
Here is the line-up:
And up close:

These just make me happy:
{and thanks to my renewed love of Southern Living, I have rediscovered all of the great recipes they have and even tried one! Hoppin John Salad! yum!}
1 comment:
Dad would be so proud. Your flowers look pretty!!
Post a Comment