Yesterday, we ambitiously set out on a bike ride to Jenny Lake. It was 8 miles each way from Dornan's in Moose. I was hauling Wiley behind me in a trailer. Brooke and mom were on their own bikes with dad coming to meet us later in the car. When we approached the first hill (the only big one) I knew we were in trouble. Luckily, Wiley has the BEST aunt and she offered to pull an extra 30 something pounds up the hill. She and I took turns getting there (again, the BEST aunt), and my knee and legs were aching when we FINALLY arrived. We rode right along by the Tetons--a truly magnificent view! Jenny Lake was beautiful and we walked around a bit before going back. We even saw an antelope (we think) on the way back!
The way back was SO much easier (more downhill) that I pulled Wiley the whole time. He had a couple fits, then Brooke and I had a bet that he would fall asleep. Sure enough, by the time we arrived back at Dornan's, he was out like a light. We woke him up for pizza, and came back to the ranch to rest up for dinner (ha!). It was such a fun day, and it just added to an already memorable trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment