Period. End of story.
Simply. The. Best.
{and not just because of what I'm about to show you}
so allow me to blubber on a bit about how fantastic! brilliant! clever! they are.
These gems were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs today.
Let's back it up so you get the full effect.Yesterday was a really rough day for me. Lonely, yes. Far away from anything familiar, yes. This isn't what I had in mind to be doing after graduation, yes. You name it. It was there in all of its yucky, ickiness.
And then today. Oh, today.
Post- TK Maxx (European TJ Maxx) and Costco run with my neighbor, I come back to open this mysterious package with Laura's return address. Contents read: 2 CDs, 8 Letters. Interesting.
I open it up, along with my Diet Coke. And I'm sorry y'all but the tears just came. If I didn't think I would bore you to death with it all, I would tell you every little thing that was in that package, every little written word, that whether they realized it or not when they wrote these in October, spoke so deeply to my heart that I put my head in my hands and was simply so grateful.
{excerpts}
Jesus I am resting resting in the joy of what thou art, I am finding out the greatness of they loving heart.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Joey: It's all London, baby! Here we go.
Chandler: You got your passport?
Joey:Yeah, in my third drawer in my dresser. You don't want to lose that.
(friends)
Ryan:I don't think you understand jeopardy
Michael: Oh right, sorry. What is, we're fine.
(office)
And so much more. Pictures, seeds, CDs, and the kindest, most comforting words from the most familiar handwritings, signed from my wonderful friends.
Y'all. I am so overwhelmed with your thoughtfulness and kindness. The timing of this amazing gift could not have been any better. It really couldn't have. Thank you Laura for organizing this. Thank you to everyone for taking time to write me, send pictures, updates on life, funny quotes, and just sweet encouragement and love from across the pond. I will read, and re-read these letters over and over again.
[insert cheesy quote about friends that we wrote across our binders in 7th grade]
Y'all mean more to me than you can possibly know. I love you all so much. I am so thankful that I was at Wake Forest because had my life not changed so dramatically, I would never have become so close to all of you. There aren't adequate words to express my feelings and thankfulness for y'all.
other than...
He is so good.
xoxoxo, from across the pond.
1 comment:
Love you Dawson :)
Post a Comment