Friday, December 18, 2009

I can't believe I'm showing you this...

But. I have a friend who is having trouble believing my recent purchase.
And another who has joined me in getting this particular article of clothing because she can actually pull this off. And I'm pretty sure everyone else will just laugh at this.
(I'm such a good friend, swallowing my pride to give you a laugh.)

So, put your judgments aside for like 2 minutes.

I bought faux leather leggings (H&M). Rather my mom did if we are being honest here. (Thanks mom!) My sister supported the decision. My mom thinks they look like plastic. We told her they were really cool. But I think she would have rather gifted me the fake ones over the real thing. I wouldn't care to sweat in the real thing either. Have you seen when Ross wears them in Friends (ignore odd subtitles).

I also got a shimmery dress to go with it. Pale pink is so in right now, right? And sparkles too.

I wore that outfit to see a play with my family over Thanksgiving. I only wished I had booties to go with it. Can you believe I'm saying that too? First converse low tops, now faux leather, sequins, and booties!

I am not a fashionista and will not pretend to be one. If this is awful, maybe email me and tell me gently. But if you don't, just know I will be trotting around London in this get-up, not really caring what they think because well, I don't know any of them. So to them, I will be a pretend-wanna-be-fashionista. But to you, I will remain clad in J.Crew basics, Gap, blue jeans, sweaters, and in the winter, my Uggs.

I'll leave the fashion to my sister.
(And to this girl who had better wear her leggings to a certain Christmas party tonight!)

(and for some legit fashion friday, check out flower blog!)

3 comments:

Liz said...

ahhhh You are tooo cute!! I need a top like that to wear with my leggings!! Hopefully I will find and outfit for tonight!! (ps love TopShop)

Elisabeth said...

Psh you ARE a fashionista, I let you know that in my email and I stick by it! Its adorable and I'm sure you look awesome. Now, I will be awaiting my Christmas present of the same outfit, thank you in advance :)

Mary Frances said...

I bet you look precious!! Liz wore hers last night and looks downright fabulous. You should probably bring that outfit to American and wear it around here - then I'll really believe you!!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9