Okay, I am totally going to do a "Year in Review" maybe tomorrow when Wil is home. However, I just finished planning meals for the next week, and I'm thinking I will share those with you. I'm really going to try to be very aware of how much I am spending and be a good steward of my "grocery funds." They don't have coupons here (that I know of) so it isn't as fun, but sometimes groceries have good sales. I am not sure how this meal plan will work money-wise, I may have to make some changes.
(Is this totally boring to you?)
Dinner, roughly:
Tonight: Baked Ziti (I will share this recipe later because it is SO good and so easy.)
Tomorrow: Barbecue by Wil, turnip greens, black-eyed peas
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (We like our Mexican on Sundays.)
Monday: Breakfast for Dinner. Pancakes anyone?
Tuesday: Aimee's Chicken (found on another blog, looks good and easy)
Wednesday: Steak Balsalmico (from current the Best of Southern Living Magazine)
Thursday: Couscous and Lamb with feta and other goodies I will make up as I go.
Friday: Spaghetti
Saturday: leftovers
Sunday: Tacos
whew. Picture random veggies with these main items. I'm not so great at doing side dishes. I wish I was. I just get bored. It is usually steamed broccoli, english peas, maybe carrots, maybe salad. Do you have some easy sides you can share? Keyword: EASY. Maybe you have some delicious recipes you are cooking this week? That 3 year olds will like.
What are you eating this week?
and can I tell you how much I love the MomAgenda for having a neat little space for "dinner?"
2 comments:
thank you for this. i think my new year's resolution (i say that like it is a regular thing for me to have one - it is not) is going to be to plan my meals so that i can really limit myself to 1 grocery trip per week. it's one thing to schlep out to the store a few times a week with just one kid, and one who LOVES riding in the grocery cart, but i think i'll be doing myself a favor to get in my weekly grocery run while h is home or k is at school. i may copy some of your meals.
I feel like a proud mama reading your blog about cooking! Remember when I came up to visit and we made dinner from Rachel Ray, and it definitely took more than 30 minutes! My how times have changed.
Post a Comment