Saturday, September 25, 2010

Let's Break it Down

For anyone who needs a laugh today...Picture this:

Wiley is standing on sofa.

Wiley: (singing some tune) Come on, let's break it down.
Me: Wiley, what are you saying again?
W: Come on, let's break it down.
Me: And what exactly do you mean by 'let's break it down.'
W: I mean come on and sing.
Me: Oh, so when you say 'let's break it down' you mean it's time to sing?
W: Yes, and it means you can dance.
Me: And where did you learn that?
(I was betting on Aunt B)
W: Well, when I was in your tummy, before I was born, God was making me. He told me that when I get my mommy and come out of her tummy that when it is time to dance with her, I'll say 'let's break it down.'
Me: So, God told you to say 'let's break it down?'
W: Yes.
(pause)
W: So, come on Mommy, let's break it down.


I just revisited this to confirm, and I quote:
Me: Tell me again who told you to say 'let's break it down.'
W:God of course. When I was in your tummy. Before I was born. Why do you keep forgetting this?

4 comments:

fructose frenzy girl said...

OH MY GOSH.
that just made my day. nay, my week!
i can't wait to break it down with yall next spring :)

Michal said...

ditto puck!! i cannot stop laughing. "c'mon, let's break it down" ... clearly those crib dance parties had a lasting effect.

Carrie Moore said...

Ah I heard this post was a funny one, and it was even better than I imagined :) I wish I could break it down with y'all right now!!!

Elizabeth Waud Luke said...

hahaha...oh heavens. Lord only knows what baby numero dos will have in store for you :) love you squeals

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9