Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Find Your Spot

So, in looking for blogs about London I found this website: FindYourSpot.com which gives you a quiz about what you like/don't like and gives you 24 places it thinks you can live. SO, I took it for kicks. Here is where it thinks I should live.

1. Clearwater, Florida
2. Kissimmee-St. Cloud, Florida
3. Corpus Christi, Texas
4. Galveston, Texas
5. Savannah, Georgia


WHAT?

other notables include:
Dothan is my #6, Daytona Beach, Bradenton, Brownsville, TX, and Biloxi-Gulfport. Athens, GA is one of my top 24 too, along with Montgomery and Mobile (closer to the target).

I think that I over-emphasized warm weather and being near water (lake and beach) a little too much and maybe small towns where culture is not essential. That may or may not have been because I was thinking about London and thus about how it actually is cold there and rains there a lot and was inundated with museum names .

Hopefully it is not in the plan to end up in any of my top 5 (except Savannah, I think I could do Savannah, but I've never been there, either). However, I have heard bad news about Galveston, and I don't want to live near Disney (I think #2 is since I've seen commercials before, and I don't know where #1 or 3 is) Who knows, though, right?

News to come, soon I hope, about where we are going. In case you don't actually know me and only blog-stalk (I'm guilty too). Or in case the last time I talked to you I was wishy-washy. Either is a-ok.

Now you take the quiz and tell me where it thinks YOU should live!

3 comments:

Daniel Crawford said...

Random Question! How did you get your blog title to be a polaroid picture with Wiley??? I'm trying to update my blog and want a cute layout for my blog title!

wakeforestmama said...

I used picnik.com for free, uploaded picture then you do "create" i think, saved the file. Then I uploaded it as a picture for my header (I had to do the scaled down thing and it is still huge...but not sure how to fix it.). It was easy and they have lots of options under "create."
I hope mommy-hood is going well! She's so cute! Take care!

Daniel Crawford said...

Thanks friend!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9