Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Sadly, I have not had a chance to post much of anything---We've been out of town quite a bit and really, I'm not sure anything blog-worthy has happened. Maybe this makes you hope for a post even more?

The sailing trip around St. Martin, Anguilla, and St. Barths was amazing. Such a relaxing trip.

The return home to Wiley was even better. More hair, more curls, and more words! He is going to be so much fun this summer! We had our first Dentist appointment to check on a tooth that Wiley had fallen hard on when chasing his Daddy around the kitchen. It is wiggly, or "mobile" as the Dentist put it. ("Mobile"? I thought the word was loose, or wiggly?)And hopefully will stop being mobile if we keep him from biting hard foods. Wiley was fabulous but proceeded to be difficult in Zoes as he decided to rearrange all the "birthday cakes." I am pleased to announce that when Wiley eats he says "No boo boo" meaning "my mobile tooth is not causing me pain."

We are heading to the beach soon and taking him--I can't wait to see his reactions to the ocean, sand, the pool etc! It will be so fun to experience this with him for the first time! I forsee him being skeptical of the ocean. Skeptical then loving the pool. Then probably getting sand everywhere.

I wish there were more...Hopefully I can add a picture or two from the trip.

Shoutout to all of our Wake friends---my goodness do we miss you all!!! Eli and I walked today and it was so refreshing and fun. I can't believe some of our friends have graduate--yall are so old--and moving on with their lives from Wake.

Ah--the Wiley-man awakens---I'm off!

No comments:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9