Well, I wish that something funny happened to me since I last blogged that stands out in my mind, particularly regarding Wiley...Maybe I will think of something as I type...
Anyway, Wiley is turning 2 on Thursday and I can't believe it! Cliche, yes, I know. But indulge me. It seems like not so long ago that we were only 2 or 3 days away from flying home to Bham only to have Wiley a day or two later. (Can you tell I can't remember what day we flew home?) I feel like we have all come so far, and I just can't wait to see how we will continue to change and grow together.
Sweet Wiley who, 2 years ago, looked so pale (you think I'm exaggerating, but just wait till Thursday when I post pictures) and smooshy (yes, smooshy) in all his newborn pictures is now a not-quite-as-pale and not smooshey at all BOY! He's a real boy! (Pinocchio, reference, I think). But really, he is. And I have discovered that if you brush his hair in a side part to the left, he looks just like his daddy's toddler pictures.
The other day the almost-two-year-old was getting his diaper changed at the Teasleys...I was talking to him, telling him to stand up, when he got the most tender look in his eyes and he took his hands and touched/stroked my face saying "Sweet Mommy" and then he leaned down and gave me a hug. It was so wonderful, and I think what made it the best ever was that he just randomly did it. I didn't have to say "Give Mommy a Hug"--He just decided to love on his mama. But don't we all just love these random acts of kindness or love? Who doesn't love a surprise show of affection?
The other night Wil made me a special dinner that he cooked all by himself--I had delicious salmon and he had tuna. As we were eating and talking about the day, he just out of the blue said, "I can't see my life any other way. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have Wiley." And this is so true. I think two years ago we were in panic mode whether we acknowledged it or not. Two 19 year olds bringing a child into the world...good gracious! Children are much more resilient than people think. But two years later and we are in my-life-did-not-begin-until-this-child-was-born mode--thankful mode.
And as for me, for this place in life I am in right now, with a wonderful husband and an amazing son--there is no place I would rather be. I want to rest in it and enjoy each and every moment.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
How sweet. And I remember when Wiley was SO SO SO pale..if you need a reminder see lake pictures from that summer.
You have just made an old grandmother one of the happiest in the entire world. I told people two years ago how blessed we were to have you in our lives and that you were exactly what I had prayed for since Wil was a baby. God is soooooo good.
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9
We are so very proud of all three of you and love you so much.!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment