Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's only TUESDAY?!



What a week!
I mean...what a couple of days! It certainly feels like it is should at least be Thursday! But although it has been crazy and awful at times, it has also been great!
Happily, Wil was able to go to the NCAA Basketball Championship with Gregory--so exciting. Unfortunately, his car died on me yesterday afternoon. As in, car won't crank a couple times, then decides it will turn off at a stoplight in a not-so-great part of town, then it just won't start at all that afternoon. It was towed to the dealership place here that afternoon.

However, the great parts of this are that I have the MOST WONDERFUL friends here. I know that I tend to go back to this topic but I mean really...Duncan offers to pick up a couple things at the grocery store for me that I needed, Brad saves me from sketchy tow-truck man, Paige loans me her car for the day so I can get to my appointments that can't be missed, then Maddie is able to do Bible Study on her own, and then I got to have a super dinner with Allison---and the day isn't over yet--
So many fun people came over to watch the basketball game and that was just so great to be with these wonderful friends!

Then--while today was hectic and early starting after a really late night...it is RUF night and American Idol night. And I have the best education group ever. And Carrie agreed to drive Wiley and I out to the dealership to pick up the sweet loaner/courtesy car we are using while Wil's is in the shop. [Where this guy who works there and pulled the car around goes, as I'm trying to wrestle Wiley's carseat into the "Beamer", goes "Is that your child?...Really??"--ah, it never gets old. Will someone think of something witty for me to respond to comments like this with that come from strangers?]

Oh, did I mention that Wiley is climbing out of his crib now? He just popped over the rail apparently last night while Allison and I were just chattin it up. We hear this thump and ran in and there he was standing up. As Millie says, "He is a boy now." "He love to climb." Oh and Millie--soo flexible yesterday when I needed her to stay later. We are certainly lucky to have her!

Oh, and Wil comes home tonight! That is definitely a happy!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

hey girl- so a few things a. I am coming to NC on 4/18 and W-S 4/20-4/23 in the am. B. I want to see the Cooper family. I get to see Daisy that Monday night and I am so excited so I thought I should see you all and Wiley too :). He is getting so big ahh

Anonymous said...

witty come back- "is who my child? OH MY GOSH-- MY WISH CAME TRUE! MY TOY CAME TO LIIIIIIIIIIFEEEEEEE?!?"

Brooke D said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE WILEY CAN CLIMB OUT OF HIS CRIB!!!

Brooke D said...

oh say "oh no! he's my little sisters"

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9