Friday, January 18, 2008

Praise Baby!

This afternoon was a little rough for some reason--I just was getting into a funk. Wiley and I had a great walk outside, and we had come back much to his chagrin. And then I found it. Praise Baby DVD. We had not watched it yet, and I did not want to watch Barney or Elmo AGAIN and he did not want to watch Oprah. Thus, I stick in Praise Baby.

And Praise the Lord I did. It was (and is...we are still watching it) amazing. It just calmed me down (Wiley likes it fine) and the first song, Better is One Day in Your House, was just what I needed to hear. I needed to hear that one day in the Lord's house, in His presence is much much better than this world--a world where it is so easy to be caught up in my own little "issues."

For those few of you who have kids and read this (who am I kidding...it's only me) this is like Baby Einstein visually (and y'all ALL know what that is like, kids or no kids, b/c you have been around us!), but with better music. That parents can enjoy. I envision this being perfect for car rides during naptime to calm Wiley down.

Y'all check it out if you want to know more. And praise the Lord for these sweet reminders of His presence in our lives.

No comments:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9