Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stratford-Upon-Avon


The other weekend we took a weekend trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon, home of none other than William Shakespeare. We took a train through the beautiful countryside. Parr enjoyed watching out the window.


Wiley looking back from the Holy Trinity Church towards the town. The tower in the background is the Royal Shakespeare Company.

The grave of William Shakespeare at Holy Trinity Church.



We played around the churchyard where Wiley and Wil climbed a beautiful, old tree.

Wondering where Parr was? Here he is!

The River Avon looking at Holy Trinity Church.

Wiley and I outside the Royal Shakespeare Company, home to the Swan Theatre.
While Wil, Wiley, and Parr went for a McDonalds lunch by the River Avon, I toured the Birthplace of William Shakespeare. After touring the house, you could listen to actors recite Shakespeare in the garden. It was so wonderful! Beautiful weather and Shakespeare! Yes!

Stratford was a beautiful town, easy to get to as well from London. It was a bit touristy, especially around the Shakespeare bits, and I would imagine that it would be not much fun during the summertime. However, if you love Shakespeare it is really cool to see where he spent a lot of time in his life. I would have loved to have seen a play while there, but I do have the Globe in London!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fun trip! love the first photo. it makes wil look kind of angsty and is very artsy. i hope you're enjoying the last few weeks and soaking it in!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9