Tuesday, November 16, 2010

iPod/Phone?

Wiley: Ring of Fire!
Me: What?
Wiley: Actually, it would fill my bucket if I could listen to some music on your phone.
Me: What? Okay. Sure. You don't want Ring of Fire on my computer?
W: No. I want to listen to your phone.
Me: Okay. (looking at my iPhone for something about music. I find iTunes. I click.)
W: No! Not that. The iPod!
Me: I have an iPod on my phone?
W: Yes. There it is. (He points to it. It is orange if you wondered.)
Me: (Click) Oh. There it is.
W: Thank you.

And now he has set up "drums" in the den (all lights are out because he had a fort and all his animals were sleeping) and is banging colo(u)red pencils together and on the "drums." What is he listening to? Easy. Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You. On repeat.

W: Mommy. I'm listening to All I Want for Christmas is You. I like it.

It's not even Thanksgiving. And we are on repeat already plus have watched Elf twice. This is in the house of the girl who refused to turn on 96.5 Magic (B'ham) or listen to Christmas music until December 1. (I strictly enforced this in high school carpool.)

I surrender.

...to the fact my 4 year old can do more with an iPhone than I can.
...to the fact that I didn't realize Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks until yesterday. Is that even right?
...to the fact that Christmas is trumping Thanksgiving.
...and to the fact that my 4 year old has an affinity for Mariah Carey and Johnny Cash. Oh, and now Michael Buble.

Shoot, must go. He somehow found a Glee episode on the phone. Someone please tell me how Glee got on my phone!?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

daws! thanksgiving's in a week, not 2!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9