Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cheryl Cole


Not so much about the singer, herself. But as I'm listening to "Fight for this Love" by Cheryl Cole (who is from very tip top Northern England, meaning you will hardly understand a word she says in her thick accent, but you should try just to hear it.), I realize that even this silly dance song is something that when I hear, I think of and will think of our time in London.

While we still have more time here, with a baby on the way, I can't help but feel like our life in London is winding down a bit--at least when it comes to traveling and the spontaneity that our sweet 4 year old allows. And even though I can't wait to live closer to family and friends, be able to call them on my cell phone just to chat, and have some of those home comforts again, I am admittedly in this moment feeling a little sad that this season in London feels like it is winding down, or that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And we still have about a year left (we think) but when you throw in a newborn that time is going to fly.

I want to share with you Cheryl Cole. I want to make you tea around 3:30 in the afternoon. I want you to come to London, and I want you to walk to school with Wiley and me. I want you to take our bus to All Souls with us on Sunday mornings when we seem to be the only ones on the streets. I want you to see how hard this move was. (In case I haven't told you about that one.) But I want you to look at my family of three, and soon to be family of four, and see how much we've grown together as a family--just our family. I want you to feel how loved and cherished I feel by Wil here. How we are all the other has here aside from our Lord, because it takes time to make new friends. And how that has pulled us even closer. I want you to see how the Lord has been with us. This entire time. From my tears on our interview trip to my heart changing towards our move in August to our actual move in October. I want you to see and know that the Lord is not just at Wake. Or Birmingham. He is in London, too.

So, while earlier this week I was in tears over the healthcare system here and the thought of how we would actually get this baby out was too overwhelming to think about, this morning, listening to Cheryl Cole, all I want to do is praise the Lord for this season. For London. Because slowly I'm beginning to cherish this time and this place--simply for how the Lord has used it to bless and grow our family.

And now back to my "Prepare for trip to USA" playlist...American Girls (Counting Crows) and Fortunate Son (CCR) are up next followed by some Brooks and Dunn, the Boss, and Garth Brooks. God Bless the USA, but thank you Lord for our season in London.

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Sweet friend, I'm so so so happy you're going to miss London! You have a pretty rockin' life over there...especially the walks and those yummy almond croissants. You should name the new bambino something super British just as a memento. Something like Constance, or Fiona. I love you. See you next week!!

Ole Miss Mom said...

I didn't realize you were expecting again! Congrats!!!!! Glad you enjoyed your time overseas! I know you're glad to get back too!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9