Hello from "The Queen's House!"
{First day, visiting Buckingham Palace}
{Also, the first day, visiting the Royal Mews! This is a special carriage. The horses are plastic, as is the man who is riding it. The Queen will ride this carriage again in 2012, I believe is what I overheard a tour guide say. She will be bling-blinging.}
{Wiley in front of Buckingham Palace, "the Queen's House," where he found ample squirrels and pigeons to chase}
Our flat is very nice, across from a wonderful park with a playground complete with a zipline.
Oh, the flight--didn't I think there would be funny stories? Well, unless you call the cabin lights being on full blast the E-N-T-I-R-E flight funny, then I can't say it was particularly funny. The ample light certainly did not help Wiley get to sleep quickly or stay asleep the majority of the flight. We are still trying to adjust to the time change. Wiley has had quite a lot of trouble with it, waking up in the middle of the night, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I'm not sure how to amend this problem, nor what to do with his nap. We skipped yesterday, thinking that would help, and it did not. So today, we put him down a little later than usual (we were late returning from the grocery store). We will see if it helps.
{the boys in front of Big Ben. Note the partly cloudy skies! I actually was surprised to see blue!}
I have gradually become less surprised at hearing British accents everywhere I go. Silly I know. But our first time out, I felt like I was in a Hugh Grant movie with everyone talking like him. If only everyone looked like him. Hah! Now, I am used to it, but surprised at how sometimes someone will answer a question and I will have no idea what he or she said, although they are speaking English...I guess I need to learn all the new words. Like at the grocery...Sour cream is soured cream, which makes it sound much less appetizing. I am trying to integrate some easy terms like "brilliant" and "clever" into my vocabulary so Wiley is less taken off guard when he hears those! Here is an example: "Wiley, you are so clever." or "This grilled ham and cheese is brilliant!" Advanced uses of the terms, I know.
Well, cheerio good fellow! Or whatever they say here! Maybe I will just stick with Bye, Y'all!

7 comments:
AH! I love y'all. I'm saving up all of my money and I'm headed that way as soon as possible.
i am sighing very loudly and deeply at this post and these pictures. and these are the words with which i will greet raymond tonight: "maybe we could move to london for the coopers' second year"
ahhh I miss y'all! But I'm so glad y'all are having a jolly good time so far. I've been listening to some of my favorite British singers in honor of you and your family (Johnny Flynn and Laura Marling, take a listen they are "brilliant")
two things you MUST buy at the grocery store in order to aid in your british transition:
1. CRUMPETS. toast them and put a little jelly on them...they're like english muffins but SO much better
2. DIGESTIVES. just like soured cream, it's a very unappetizing name for a very delicious treat. by far the best cookies ever, especially when you dip them in a warm cup of english breakfast tea...
can't wait to hear more about your adventures! miss yall and thinking about yall often!
xo
Jori
AH! Y'all are so freaking cute!! I've already told Dad that my graduation present will be an eventual trip to visit the Cooper's in London!! I'm glad y'all made it safe and can't wait to hear more!!
xoxo
Tay
Yay! So glad you made it safely and I lovvvve all the pictures. London still remains my favorite city...I'm a little jealous over here in China - I would love to hear a British accent :) Update often!
When Wiley talks with a British accent you HAVE to post a video. Your pictures are so precious and I can't wait to hear more about London!
Love yall!
Post a Comment