
I'm not really into music. But here is one fellow I can get excited about. Not to mention that Wil loves this guy too. Supposedly he is one of the best guitarists in country music, which is pretty sweet. I think that what Wil and I like so much about him is his lyrics. Country tends to be a little bit hokey, but these lyrics are flat out funny.
A sampling...
"I'm Gonna Miss Her"
Well I love her
But I love to fish
I spend all day out on this lake
And hell is all I catch
But today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that fishin' hole today
She'd be packin' all her things
And she'd be gone by noon
Well I'm gonna miss her
When I get home
Right now I'm on this lakeshore
And I'm sittin' in the sun
I'm sure it'll hit me
When I walk through that door tonight
Yea I'm gonna miss her
Oh, lookie there, I've got a bite, Alright
Ticks
'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.
I'm Still a Guy (Wil's favorite song...I think it might be his mantra)
When you see a deer
You see Bambi
And I see antlers up on the wall
When you see a lake
You think picnics
And I see a large mouth up under that log
You’re probably thinkin' that you’re gonna change me
In some ways well, maybe you might
Scrub me down, dress me up
Oh, but no matter what
Remember, I’m still a guy
I was watching the CMT station yesterday and saw him sing this with Hank Jr. Maybe that is why I'm all hyped up on Brad Paisley today. Or maybe it is because last year his wife (Kimberly Williams Paisley a.k.a. the daughter on Father of the Bride) was announcing an award at the CMAs and when talking about the Ticks tour with maybe Carrie Underwood or Julianne Hough (some good-lookin' blonde) referred to the tour as the "You'd Better Not Check Her for Ticks" Tour. Clever lady.
Want More Brad Paisley...you know you do: http://bradpaisley.musiccitynetworks.com
No comments:
Post a Comment