Friday, July 11, 2008

Travel

So this afternoon I am heading out west to visit a friend at a ranch in Jackson Hole with my parents and sister. The boys will be fending for themselves for about a week. Sadly, Wil couldn't go and Wiley is a little bit young for a ranch. I always get nervous and anxious before leaving, so here I am distracting myself by updating the blog. I still have to clean up the apartment and finish packing. agh!

On another note, Wiley was bit yesterday at school. At first I thought the teacher meant that Wiley had bitten another child (We had had a scare a week ago when a bite notice was put in our cubby but was for another child) and I was absolutely horrified and embarrassed. Then they let me know that in fact Wiley was the "victim." Was it bad that I was relieved? He'll recover from a bite, but teaching him not to bite could be a real problem and challenge.

We also have hit with full force, the terrible twos. We have had baby fits over buckling in the car seat, getting dressed, and just about anything that he does not want to do. So any advice on getting through the twos would be much appreciated!!
Here is a picture of Wiley appearing to be a sweet swaddled baby, but in reality throwing a babyfit b/c it was bath time...(notice how big he has gotten! He is so heavy!)

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I feel pretty lucky to have witnessed one of the first "Terrible Twos" meltdowns-- the laying down on the pavement.

Anonymous said...

He is so big!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9